Fylde Fly Past Foxes

Foxes travelled to the west coast to face an inform Fylde who were pushing for the lead in the league. It was a first game back for Burlo after being out since the started of the season with an injury. Simes also stepped into the starting line up in replace of Taft who moved to the bench.

Lowe lunges to make a tackle at the by-line
Lowe battled hard at the back
📸: izac_mcg

Fylde started quickly forcing Lowe to cut out a cross in the opening minutes but Foxes quickly got into their stride. A good section of play between the midfield built the ball up the pitch but Fylde were able to recover well. The scoring was opened before the 10 minute mark as a Fylde corner is cleared and the long range shot that followed gets caught up with the wind and over Burlo’s head.

Foxes immediately responded with an attack on goal but the flag was raised and Mcgrother was called offside. Fylde were quickly down the other end trying another effort from range but this time it went over the bar. The game moves end to end as a great move from Ritchie and Walters results in a Cooper shot which is saved by the keeper. The away side continued to try and equalise with a shot from Steele nipping just wide of the post.

Burlo makes a reaching save to palm the ball away from the Fylde strikers head.
Burlo’s first appearance of the season
📸: izac_mcg

With chances at both ends Burlo pounces into action as a shot is deflected at a close range and Webb clears a shot off the line. At halftime Foxes trail by just one goal after growing into the half.

Burlo was immediately called into action at the start of the second half, saving from close range. At the other end Cooper went close as she curled her shot around the defender forcing a save from the keeper. Fylde added two more to their lead not long into the half, however Foxes kept trying for a goal with Steele trying a freekick from range.

With 20 minutes to go Ritchie was replaced by Brett to make her debut for Foxes. Shortly after Fylde add another to their lead as they lift the ball over Burlo from range. With 8 minutes of normal time remaining Miller replaced Cooper and Matthew made her Foxes first team debut as she replaced Steele.

Young goes into the book after a foul on a Fylde midfielder. Lowe stops Fylde adding to their tally as she puts in a great tackle to stop the cross. Not dispirited Foxes still pushed for a goal with Brett’s shot being saved by the keeper and Matthews’ follow-up shot was cleared off the line by a covering defender.

At the end of play at Kellamergh Park Fylde came out winners with 4-0 scoreline. Foxes had positive spells throughout the match and were unlucky not to get on the scoresheet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *